The most difficult games riddles A list of games related questions that are most often answered incorrectly Technology quiz What happens if a chess player wants to promote his pawn to a queen (after reaching the eighth rank), but his queen is still on the chessboard?He may use any item as the extra queen. Since the queen is the most powerful piece, the vast majority of promotions in practical play are to a queen. If the queen is not available, the official rules are that the player should stop the game clock and summon the arbiter for the correct piece. In casual play, an upside-down rook may be used to designate a queen. Some finer sets do include an extra queen of each color.hard 44% he must choose another piecehe must choose another piece22%he must wait until the queen is availablehe must wait until the queen is available20%he wins the gamehe wins the game12%he may use any item as the extra queenhe may use any item as the extra queen44%Created by: globalquiz.org. Statistics based on 2776 answers in 2 languages »chess riddles » How many pawns are there on a chessboard at the start of a chess game?16. There are 8 white and 8 black pawns.hard 52% 8815%161652%323229%64643%Created by: globalquiz.org. Statistics based on 2793 answers in 2 languages »chess riddles » What was the tarot deck used for during the Middle Ages?Entertainment games. Tarot deck was used from the 15th century in various parts of Europe to play a group of entertainment card games. It was adopted by mystics and occultists much later, at the end of the 18th century.hard 55% spellcastingspellcasting11%future tellingfuture telling26%solitairesolitaire7%entertainment gamesentertainment games55%Created by: Kasia. Statistics based on 4258 answers in 2 languages »culture riddles » What does 'checkmate' literally mean?King is helpless. The term is an alteration of the Persian phrase "Shāh Māt". It is a common misconception that it means "the King is dead", as chess reached Europe via the Islamic world, and Arabic māta means "died".hard 55% the last movethe last move8%game overgame over31%king is helplessking is helpless55%there is no meaningthere is no meaning4%Created by: Kasia. Statistics based on 6207 answers in 2 languages »languages riddles » What is the sum of the opposite sides of a dice?7. It's 1+6, 2+5 and 3+4hard 59% 5512%6621%7759%886%Created by: Kasia. Statistics based on 12259 answers in 2 languages »mathematics riddles » Which piece may a chess player use for his initial move?Pawn or knight. At the initial position, only pawns have open space to move. The knight is the only piece that can leap over other pieces, including pawns in the initial position.hard 59% anyany9%pawn onlypawn only28%pawn or knightpawn or knight59%queen or kingqueen or king2%Created by: globalquiz.org. Statistics based on 2861 answers in 2 languages »chess riddles » Who invented basketball?A Canadian. The basketball game was created in 1891 by James Naismith, a physical education professor at the Springfield College. His aim was to keep his gym class active on a rainy day. He wrote the basic rules and nailed a peach basket onto a 10-foot (3.05 m) elevated track (see original photo). Basketball was originally played with a soccer ball.average 64% a Canadiana Canadian64%EnglishmenEnglishmen11%SpaniardsSpaniards10%LithuaniansLithuanians13%Created by: globalquiz.org. Statistics based on 8066 answers in 4 languages »sport of North America riddles » How many white squares are on the chessboard?32. The chessboard is 8x8, and every second square is white.easy 72% 161612%323272%646413%1001001%Created by: Kasia. Statistics based on 15582 answers in 2 languages »numbers riddles » Play technology quiz and see all the questions.